Focusing on both residential and commercial real estate throughout the Connecticut River Valley Of Western Massachusetts, the agents at Maple and Main Realty serve as buyer's and seller's agents for our clients. From first-time home buyers to experienced commercial property owners, our team is here to take the stress out of the process for you. We love living here, and we think you will, too – learn more about all that our community has to offer.
The Five Colleges
The Northampton, MA area is well-known for the Five College Consortium, a group of prestigious institutions that create a vibrant community. Area colleges include:
- Smith Collegein Northampton, MA
- Mount Holyoke Collegein South Hadley, MA
- Hampshire Collegein Amherst, MA
- Amherst College in Amherst, MA
- University of Massachusetts Amherstin Amherst, MA
These five campuses create a rich academic environment for students and members of the surrounding towns, with world-class performing arts, community events and lectures, and continuing education opportunities.
Culture and Community
If you’re new to the area, you may be surprised by all that our smaller towns and cities have to offer. Northampton boasts a thriving arts community. Don’t miss a visit to these cultural institutions:
- Smith College Museum of Art: Located on campus at Smith College, this museum features works from famous artists like Edgar Degas, Paul Cézanne, and Claude Monet.
- Iron Horse Entertainment Group: This Northampton mainstay owns several live music venues downtown, including Iron Horse Music Hall, The Calvin Theater, and Pearl Street, where you can see everyone from local artists to national tours.
- Calvin Coolidge Presidential Library and Museum: A New England native, President Coolidge lived the rest of his life in Northampton after leaving the White House in 1929.
Nearby Amherst also features numerous cultural attractions, such as:
- Emily Dickinson Museum: Visit the birthplace and home of famous American poet Emily Dickinson.
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art: Named for the author and illustrator of much-beloved children’s books like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, this museum features exhibits about picture books and children’s literature from around the world.
- Beneski Museum of Natural History: Located on the Amherst College campus, this is one of New England’s largest natural history museums, where you can see collections of meteorites, rocks and minerals, and even footprints of dinosaurs.
Throughout the region, you’ll find no shortage of parks and trails for hiking, biking, and jogging. Don’t miss the beautiful views at the Quabbin Reservoir and Chesterfield Gorge. If you love trail running, sign up for the annual Seven Sisters Trail Race in the mountains of the Holyoke Range.
Local businesses can thrive in our region, with bustling main streets in downtown Amherst and Northampton. And be sure to check out Eastworks, a 500,000-sq-ft converted mill that’s now home to artist studios, event spaces, shops, and small businesses.
Areas We Serve
Northampton, MA, is surrounded by warm and welcoming communities. To the south, you’ll find Holyoke and South Hadley. On the outskirts of Northampton are Easthampton, Southampton, and Westhampton. Surrounding Amherst is Sunderland, Leverett, Pelham, and Belchertown. And just beyond the Pioneer Valley are the Hilltowns of the Berkshire Mountains.
At Maple and Main Realty, our agents specialize in residential and commercial properties for sale throughout the Five Colleges region, including:
- Pioneer Valley
With years of experience in the community, buyers can rely on Maple and Main Realty for expert insights and insider tips about the region. You can also begin your real estate search by viewing our recommended categories, or you can create a custom search.
Learn More about Area Real Estate
Whether you’re a long-time resident or just moving to the Northampton, MA area, you can count on the team at Maple and Main Realty. We draw on our extensive knowledge of the local real estate market to find you the perfect property to suit your needs and work with top-rated lenders to help you get the best rates. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and our exceptional customer service. For more information or to get in touch with an agent, contact us today.
Pumpkins in fall | Tobacco Barns in Hadley | Canoeing on the River
Photo Credit: Alfred Di Lascia | Alfred Di Lascia | R. Allison Ryan
Start Your Northampton Area Real Estate Search!